Welcome to the SAGERS Portal
The South African Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reporting System (SAGERS) is a Greenhouse Gas Reporting Module of the National Emissions Inventory System (NAEIS).
This portal is a web based platform for the registration and submission of GHG emissions data by category A data providers in terms of GHG Reporting Regulations 3 April 2017 as amended and promulgated under the National Environmental Management: Air Quality Act No.39 of 2004.
- Providing a user-tailored platform the category A data providers to register and report their annual GHG emissions data and the associated activity data
- Providing methodological guidance on the quantification of GHG emissions and the embedded parameters for assessing the annual GHG emissions
- Facilitating easy access to the parameters and GHG emission factors database embedded into the system
- Serving as an information hub for data providers for accessing information relevant to the registration and reporting under the GHG Reporting Regulations
- The portal provides relevant guidance, templates, guidelines, and information relating to compliance under the GHG Reporting Regulations 2017 published under Government Notice 275 in Government Gazette 40762 of 03 April 2017 promulgated under the National Environmental Management: Air Quality Act No.39 of 2004